- Earn scholarship awards for college
- Gain community service experience
- Gain experience in speaking extemporaneously
- Learn to formulate and present your views on important issues
- Grow in self confidence, grace, and social skills
- Set goals and work toward physical fitness
- Learn to meet new people with confidence and security
- Advocate a platform by expressing your personal view on a critical issue
- Develop a performance talent
- Gain experience in planning and time management
- Be introduced to a network of volunteers
- Kansas resident
- Must be female
- High school graduate by state competition
- Must be between age of 17 - 25
- Single, never married
- Have good moral character
- Citizen of the United States
Take the Next Step
The first step is to compete in (and win) either a Local Pageant or Festival. Local Pageants and Festivals are held throughout Kansas from July through March annually.
Local Pageants are an integral part of the Miss Kansas system and are conducted using official Miss America rules.
Festivals are not a part of the Miss Kansas system, but are officially sanctioned competitions. To determine if a Festival has been sanctioned, contact the specific Festival Director.
For a list of all Local Pageants and Festivals, please visit our Local Pageants Directory and contact the Local Director listed for the local pageant you wish to enter. The director will provide specific information about entry deadlines and competition requirements.